We are what we read...and eat
What I’m reading this week:
Remember Me? Sophie Kinsella
All Kinsella’s books should be subtitled “Happy-Go-Lucky”, as in the latest Mike Leigh film.
Things that should be banned—now!:
Reading free papers on the MTR. Reasons? Plenty of them:
1. Let’s begin with something grand—save our planet earth!
2. It pains me to see old people begging for papers outside the gates. Creating scraps for old people at the bottom of the waste chain to sweep away is NOT the answer to ending poverty.
3. I can’t honestly rationalise the phenomenon of 50 people each holding the same copy of a paper, crammed in the same carriage when they could be so much better off reading the copy of the person standing in front.
4. But here’s the real one: I’m sick and tired of fending papers thrust into my face, as if they own my precious little space too because they’re armed with a legitimate weapon and I don’t.
Men in polo shirts with stand-up collars. Can’t really put my fingers on why it turns me off. They just give me hives. These men, by the way, are always wearing pink.
I am reading Kate Fox’s Watching the English two years late during the National Day holiday. Class really is everything in Britain—not only it’s in the way you talk but what you eat. So I’m particularly awestruck by this article on a new TV series, on real food for thought, from the one and only Jamie O:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/oct/01/foodanddrink.oliver
And I didn't know Jool and Jamie are expecting their third bundle of joy:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/third-baby-joy-for-chef-oliver-937986.html
Which footballer ('s recipe) do you fancy?
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/footballers-target-obesity-with-cookbook-947426.html
Why banana, Thiery? I don't like them in a cooked dish.
Remember Me? Sophie Kinsella
All Kinsella’s books should be subtitled “Happy-Go-Lucky”, as in the latest Mike Leigh film.
Things that should be banned—now!:
Reading free papers on the MTR. Reasons? Plenty of them:
1. Let’s begin with something grand—save our planet earth!
2. It pains me to see old people begging for papers outside the gates. Creating scraps for old people at the bottom of the waste chain to sweep away is NOT the answer to ending poverty.
3. I can’t honestly rationalise the phenomenon of 50 people each holding the same copy of a paper, crammed in the same carriage when they could be so much better off reading the copy of the person standing in front.
4. But here’s the real one: I’m sick and tired of fending papers thrust into my face, as if they own my precious little space too because they’re armed with a legitimate weapon and I don’t.
Men in polo shirts with stand-up collars. Can’t really put my fingers on why it turns me off. They just give me hives. These men, by the way, are always wearing pink.
I am reading Kate Fox’s Watching the English two years late during the National Day holiday. Class really is everything in Britain—not only it’s in the way you talk but what you eat. So I’m particularly awestruck by this article on a new TV series, on real food for thought, from the one and only Jamie O:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/oct/01/foodanddrink.oliver
And I didn't know Jool and Jamie are expecting their third bundle of joy:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/third-baby-joy-for-chef-oliver-937986.html
Which footballer ('s recipe) do you fancy?
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/footballers-target-obesity-with-cookbook-947426.html
Why banana, Thiery? I don't like them in a cooked dish.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home