eternal sunshine

...where everything goes full circle

Name:

what about me?

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A hazy shade of autumn

A little shiver underneath my flimsy blanket (actually not that little) yanked me out of my bed last night. I had to turn off the fan in the middle of the night--for the first time this year.
Autumn is finally here. Thanks goodness for that.

That not I've stopped sweating like a pig during my hectic commute to work every morning, yet.

Featured on the news yesterday was Iceland--the latest hot (pun intended) tourist destination, only it's on the telly for all the wrong reason: glaciers are melting faster than i-bankers streaming out of Wall Street with their cardboard boxes, and by early next century, there'll be none left!
Imagine that: An Iceland without ice!
I honestly don't know which is scarier: my investment fund swept away by the financial tsunami or the planet earther flooded by the ever-rising sea level. Both sound very Doomsday to me.

So I found a little solace in good old music, from the Internet. I googled the guitar chords and lyrics of "Way Back into Love" (the song has been ringing in my head every now and then since I saw it on HBO) and "Falling Slowly" from Once. I took my guitar (a baby Taylor, well, not exactly mine), and started to sing out loud, and finally got back in touch with my music side.

And boy, it feels so good.

I've been living with a shadow overhead,
I've been sleeping with a cloud above my bed,
I've been lonely for so long,
Trapped in the past I just can't seem to move on.

I've been hiding all my hopes and dreams away,
Just in case I ever need them again someday,
I've been setting aside time
To clear a little space in the corners of my mind...

There are moments when I don't know if it's real,
Or if anybody feels the way I feel I need inspiration
Not just another negotiation


Well, to hell with those maniacs.

p.s. News just came that not only Iceland is on the brink of melting, it's on the brink of bankruptcy too. Talk about rubbing salt in the wound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home